Monday, July 25, 2011

"I tried to teach my child with books;
he gave me only puzzled looks.
I tried to teach my child with words;
they passed by often unheard.
Despairingly, I turned aside;
How shall I teach this child?
I cried.
Into my hand he put the key
Come, he said, play with me."

-Unknown

I know many of you have probably heard this poem before, but I keep these words near and dear to my heart so I wanted to share.  I have had this wrinkled up piece of paper with this exact poem since I can remember.  It was with me all through college with my work with children, in my files as I taught preschool at many locations, and still continues to be a very important part of my teaching and now parenting style.  If anyone knows the author, please share  :)

Building "houses" out of rocks at the river.

No comments:

Post a Comment