Sunday, July 17, 2011

Small Town Celebrations

The annual Annie and Mary Days Celebration kicked off this weekend in Blue Lake, a town just 10 minutes inland from our home.  Often when the marine layer blankets our good old coastal neighborhood, we can hop in the car and be sweating in the sunshine by the river in this wonderful small town.  Today, however, we experienced a little change of weather- light mist and some rain!  Not sure if this makes me a true Humboldt County resident or not, but I totally enjoyed the break from the sun!!  

Anywhoo, Amongst the festivities was a parade, bocce ball, live music, a petting zoo, and of course food and drink.  The event took place on grounds containing a playground AND a roller skating rink!  Needless to say, our little guy was in heaven.  The pony ride, by far, was the highlight.  It makes me so happy to see my son having fun and experiencing these things.  Like a great friend once told me about exposing children to these events and other exciting adventures... "THIS is a childhood."  

Here are some pics from the day:



They don't make 'em like they used to!






I love the color contrast in this photo.






Why not?!









~Too cute~






        

Enjoy the rest of your weekend and thanks for reading  :)

1 comment:

  1. How fun! I love the vintage cruiser and I'd kill for that beer about now. Great photos.

    ReplyDelete